Game Designer (m/f/d) in Cologne, Germany – Jobs at Famobi
Game Designer (m/f/d) Fulltime, permanent
The game designer at Famobi knows what it takes to create high-quality casual games. She or he has long-term experience in overseeing the design and development of key gameplay features and mechanics. You collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design & validate design concepts, features and assets. In your role as a game designer you evaluate the game and playtest results, discuss the analysis with the CEO and thus increase the quality of our games in the future.
If you understand the interactive entertainment industry, are a highly creative individual and are proactive, we will create the greatest HTML5 games around the world. You will be able to take responsibility for our game production team and shape the business vision around our portfolio.
- Coming up with new and innovative game ideas.
- Experimenting with themes and genres.
- Develop characters, plots, storylines, maps, scenarios and level of difficulty.
- Improving existing games.
- Communication with development studios all over the world.
- Get results quickly, e.g. through the development of prototypes.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Game Designer.
- Shipped or managed at least one successful Casual Game.
- Highly creative individual with strong storytelling abilities.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are a plus.
- You like casual games and are knowledgeable of game trends.
- Understanding of player behavior and player motivation.
- F2P Advanced understanding in monetization of games, especially in-app purchase.
- Clear understanding of game technologies and components.
- You are a team player, but you can also work independently and goal-oriented.
- GAME DESIGN
- FREEMIUM (F2P) GAME EXPERIENCE
- TECHNICAL UNDERSTANDING
We look forward to your meaningful application documents stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations. You are also welcome to send us the links to your GitHub profile and / or your projects.
Famobi is the leading publisher and developer for premium HTML5 Games, acting globally with customers through a variety of industries like websites, messengers, telecom operators, trains, airlines and many more. Since foundation in 2015, we already offer a game catalogue of over 500 games which are played millions of times per day, reaching people all over the world.
The young and dynamic team behind Famobi creates visionary products and sets up new industry benchmarks. In order to hold and extend our pioneer status we need motivated new team members. We are curious about you and look forward to welcoming you soon!
What to expect at Famobi
- Remote work or work from Office in Cologne, Germany.
- Work with a great team on modern and visionary products.
- Freedom to bring in your personality and creativity.
- The chance to shape the gaming industry.
- Fair, above-market rate salaries or payments.
- Great work-life balance.
- Company language is English.
- You work on a modern MacBook Pro with a large external display.
- Awesome loft-office in the lovely city Cologne in a nice environment with other media companies, a park for lunch breaks and many food options in the area.
- Small gym in the office.
- Table tennis in the office.
- Big terrace with barbecue, basketball and table tennis.
- Free water, coffee, tea, fruits and chocolate flatrate.
- Incredibly large TV with game consoles and an e-piano for breaks and team evenings.
- Free parking in front of the office or Jobticket.
+49 221 78806 10
51063 Cologne, Germany